Re: renter's role in decision making
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 15:12:34 -0700 (PDT)
On Jul 30, 2014, at 6:02 PM, R Philip Dowds <rpdowds [at] comcast.net> wrote:

> Unless the landlord has decided to fulfill his/her assessment obligation as a
> charitable contribution, then the tenant’s rent covers the assessment share,
> and the tenant is indeed paying “dues”, albeit indirectly.

More accurately, I think, is that they have nothing, or much less at risk. In
terms of the community income, it doesn't make a difference where the income is
from. If renter is going to move out in a year or two years, however, they have
a very different interest in financial decisions that will continue to affect
the community for a long time.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
"Reality is something you rise above." Liza Minnelli