Re: renter's role in decision making
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 15:20:27 -0700 (PDT)
On Jul 30, 2014, at 6:12 PM, Sharon Villines <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com>
wrote:

> More accurately, I think, is that they have nothing, or much less at risk. In
> terms of the community income, it doesn't make a difference where the income
> is from. If renter is going to move out in a year or two years, however, they
> have a very different interest in financial decisions that will continue to
> affect the community for a long time.

Another issue we ran into a few years ago. What happens when two owners and
three residents all with voting power don't attend meetings. Our quorum for
non-owner related issues was based on the existence of those 5 people all with
memberships.

We changed our quorum for what we call Class 2 decisions because it was harder
to get a quorum on community issues than on financial and legal issues.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC