Re: renter's role in decision making
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 18:52:39 -0700 (PDT)
Fair enough:  Mass condo law is almost entirely about property rights and
property management.  However, having acknowledged that …

State enabling legislation has nothing whatsoever to say, one way or the other,
about pet policy, or frequency of painting the exterior, or vegetarian options
in the meals program, or what hour the teens have to stop making a ruckus in
the common house, or community wifi, or optional earthquake insurance, or
subletting units, or how often the Managing Board should meet, or how the Board
delegates landscaping to a sub-committee, or any of the hundreds of other
quality of life and/or management considerations that the community is likely
to address.  For that, we labor under the curse of democracy:  We are on our
own, and it’s up to us.  If we want residents lacking a name on a deed to
co-participate in all of these matters, so be it.

RPD