Call for 2015 National Conference Session Presenters
From: Laura Fitch (lfitchkrausfitch.com)
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 06:34:33 -0700 (PDT)
Friends, please make sure you have the dates for the next Cohousing national
conference in your calendar, and then consider submitting a proposal for
session presenter (see below for details)!

See you in Durham!

Laura Fitch, AIA, LEED BD+C

Kraus Fitch Architects, Inc.

 <mailto:lfitch [at] krausfitch.com> lfitch [at] krausfitch.com

 <http://www.krausfitch.com/> www.krausfitch.com

Executive Team - Cohousing Association of the US

 <http://www.cohousing.org/> www.cohousing.org

2015 National Cohousing Conference: The Next Generation

May 29-31, 2015 in Durham, NC

Coho/US welcomes proposals to lead sessions at the national conference. As a
community-design process and as a way of living, cohousing encourages the
development of valuable skills that support community, foster sustainable
approaches, enhance lifestyles, and encourage civic engagement. This
conference will seek to advance those skills both within our communities and
outside our cohousing circles to grow our movement.

Cohousing residents, professionals, and others involved with cohousing and
aligned movements are invited to present sessions. Submit proposals to lead
conference sessions here <http://www.cohousing.org/2015/submit> . Deadline
for submission is October 1, 2014.

Conference sessions will be of three types:

1.      Pre-conference Intensives (1/2 day or full day). Potential sessions
might include project management training, building our research network,
developing facilitation skills, urban cohousing case study, and creating
senior cohousing.
2.      Core Curriculum (90 minute) sessions will focus on creating and
enhancing cohousing communities. The intent is to cover the essentials; we
encourage new ideas and approaches. Sessions might include building and
bolstering community; marketing & membership; conflict resolution; getting
the work done within built communities; design process; green building;
group process; meal systems; and more.>/li>
3.      The Next Generation (90 minute) sessions will highlight our theme.
Potential sessions might focus on evolving our definition of cohousing;
learning from our children of cohousing, and what we can offer them;
re-energizing existing communities; emerging trends in cohousing such as
urban affordability, rural "agritopia," community approaches to aging in
place, retrofit and non-traditional approaches; and fostering
cohousing-aligned alternative communities. Visit
www.cohousing.org/2015conference for our theme outline.

Panel Sessions - some sessions may lend well to a panel structure. If you
are willing to participate as a panel presenter, rather than leading a
session, please let us know by emailing conference [at] cohousing.org with your
ideas.

Special Gatherings

In addition to conference sessions, there will be opportunities for special
gatherings to network and share experiences. If you would like to host or
help organize a special gathering, either one suggested below or a new
group, email conference [at] cohousing.org with your ideas. We are currently
considering gatherings for

*       Children of cohousing
*       Rural cohousing communities
*       Cohousing research network
*       Partnership for Affordable Cohousing
*       Communities celebrating 20+ years

Questions? Ideas? Visit www.cohousing.org/2015conference or email
conference [at] cohousing.org