Re: Common meals - mandatory participation?
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 05:46:34 -0700 (PDT)
Mandatory meals would be similarly problematic for people with a lot of
eating restrictions.  In our family of 5, between various allergies, health
concerns, and sensory issues, a tiny minority of meals are suitable for the
whole family...and we therefore rarely join.  If we were forced to
participate with cleaning and cooking, but not eating....well, that would
produce some resentment for sure.

Actually that makes me wonder: how do you enforce this supposed
mandatoriness?  If We lived there, we just simply WOULDN'T participate.
 Are there consequences?  Shunning?  Fees?  Public stocks in the village
square?

Diana
Mosaic commons, Berlin ma