Re: Subject: Common meals - mandatory participation?
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 09:09:30 -0700 (PDT)
Another perspective: if I were single, I would be a frequent attendee at
common meals I think. I love to eat and hate to cook, and have a very
flexible diet.

And really...I LOVE TO EAT!  And we have some great cooks in our community.
Our family can't usually participate but I often read the menus posted for
a meal wistfully, wishing I could attend, because it sounds great.

If all meals had to be suitable for all palates this wouldn't happen. I
also think it wouldn't happen if people who don't enjoy cooking were forced
to cook. The joy our cooks take in cooking makes for fabulous meals.

Perhaps some of what's missing in your meal program is joy?  Just thinking
aloud.

 More generally, I don't think a failing social program is going to improve
by forcing people to participate.  I never enjoy socializing out if
obligation.

Diana at Mosaic Commons