Re: Subject: Common meals - mandatory participation?
From: R.P. Aditya (adityagrot.org)
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 12:19:25 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, Aug 04, 2014 at 10:01:51AM -0400, Richart Keller wrote:
> I suspect that Great Oaks approach reflects that of most cohousing
> communities.

I was under the impression that in most communities the meals work is
separate from other community work and the only folks who need to do
meals work are those that dine -- I've certainly observed first-hand in
the cohousing communities I've visited that to be a big problem in
contrast to the Great Oak approach of having meals work integrated in
the community work system and making just the dining part optional.

btw, there is only one Oak tree that deserves to be called "Great" on
the property :-)

--
Adi
Great Oak Cohousing