Re: Getting started
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 04:49:57 -0700 (PDT)
On Aug 15, 2014, at 1:40 AM, Vincenza Testo <vtesto [at] me.com> wrote:

> My question is- how do you purchase 1 plot with multiple owners or should we
> parcel the land?

If you plan to be a community, I would purchase together. Then you can define
common property.

You need to know what options are available to you in New York State for
"common interest"  ownerships.

From Nolo

> Common Interest Development
>
> A type of housing, composed of individually owned units, such as
> condominiums, townhouses, or single-family homes, that share ownership of
> common areas, such as swimming pools, landscaping, and parking. Common
> interest developments (also known as community interest developments or CIDs)
> are managed by homeowners' associations.

When you look for a lawyer, look for one interested in common interest
development (CID)

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org

  • Getting started Vincenza Testo, August 14 2014
    • Re: Getting started Sharon Villines, August 15 2014