Re: Insurance
From: Peter Orbeton (peter.orbetongmail.com)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 10:50:18 -0700 (PDT)
I am responding based on several years handling insurance for Nubanusit
Neighborhood & Farm. We too have a farm component. We have had policies
with several insurers, and have always had two separate policies -- the
master casualty/liability one for the condo association, and a farm policy
also for casualty/liability. We have several barns, equipment, etc. We also
have a defined farm unit (land) as part of the condo docs. The farm
insurance cost is a community expense.

My recommendation is to pursue a separate farm policy - don't even bother
looking for a single insurer/policy. Your focus in the discussions with the
agents should be on the coverage you require for the farm & the enterprises
operating within it.

Finding a single insurer would be ideal, but likely difficult given the
cohousing/farm status.

Good luck.

Thanks, Peter

Nubanusit Neighborhood & Farm