Re: community size
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 09:38:03 -0700 (PDT)
On Sep 14, 2014, at 12:00 PM, audrey <audrey [at] galisteo.com> wrote:

> well,  we’re going to do it with 9 households at Capital Hill Urban Cohousing
> in Seattle.  Scheduled to break ground September 29 of this year.  so far 8
> children and 15 adults.   need one more family.
> one challenge: feels like there are as many committees as there are adults.
> (right now, 12 teams)

Congratulations!!!! One good thing is that as time goes by and more decisions
get made, the fewer you have to make. But one caution, clear minutes and
records of decisions are important. Then you know what you decided and can
either change a known decision or go forward with your already made decision.
It saves a lot of time and angst in the end.

Unless you stringently restrict your minutes to decisions with only a sentence
or two explaining the decision, I also recommend a separate decision log, each
entry with a reference to the minutes, .

My community likes to have both announcements and all comments and all comments
in the final evaluation recorded. The result is reams and reams of digital
records, many of which are unsearchable except as individual documents. It's
often nice to read as history but a holy mess when looking for a specific
decision. I'm hoping to get these on the website in Wordpress so they can be
tagged and searched but.... A huge task after 16 years. 14 living in and 2-3 of
development.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines