Re: decision-making process
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 15:34:38 -0700 (PDT)
There are often references to the importance of "learning how" to do consensus,
but I think the main problem is that of attitude, not technique.  Communal life
requires that one learn to accept compromise, even disappointment, from time
time, and to support (read, pay money) activities and amenities of interest to
others, even if you do not share those interests.  In other words, communal
life is like real life.  Sadly, the consensus methodology is over-sold as a
fail-safe route to universal peace and harmony.

Philip Dowds