Re: Meals and Other Online Software
From: Ken Winter (kensunward.org)
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 12:54:13 -0700 (PDT)
The earlier Cohousing-L discussion thread that Sharon refers to was first
entitled "Seeking fellow cohousing geeks", then later renamed "Community
portals"; so you can look it up in the C-L archives.

"Portal" means a web site or mobile app providing a community's members
with single-sign-in access to all the community's information services.

Hoping to establish an incubator for people interested in creating
cohousing portals, back in July I set up a forum at
http://tinyurl.com/coportals, which you're eagerly invited to join and
participate in.  The main headings in that forum are:

   - Introduction: What's a Community Portal?

<http://cohousing-portals.1011783.n3.nabble.com/Introduction-What-s-a-Community-Portal-tp8.html>
   - *Works in Progress
   <http://cohousing-portals.1011783.n3.nabble.com/Works-in-Progress-f5.html>*:
   Portals that actually exist (only one has been discovered so far) or are
   under development.
   - *Cohousing Information Services Today

<http://cohousing-portals.1011783.n3.nabble.com/Cohousing-Information-Services-Today-f45.html>*:
   How communities are now handling the informational aspects of particular
   community activities such as meals.
   - *Requirements, Opportunities, and Wishes for Portal Functionality

<http://cohousing-portals.1011783.n3.nabble.com/Requirements-Opportunities-and-Wishes-for-Portal-Functionality-f24.html>*
   - Apps and services that a portal could and should provide.
   - *Enabling Technologies for Portal-Builders

<http://cohousing-portals.1011783.n3.nabble.com/Enabling-Technologies-for-Portal-Builders-f4.html>
   *- What systems or services does the world now offer that could enable
   us to build (or buy) portals faster, better, and cheaper?

Everything on this forum is crowd-sourced, so please come and look and
contribute!

~ Ken Winter, Sunward Cohousing

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 10:14 AM, Sharon Villines <sharon [at]
sharonvillines.com