FHA approval: yes or no?
From: Deborah Carey (boiestergmail.com)
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 14:03:19 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,
Our cohousing is considering getting FHA approval.  My understanding is that
FHA homebuyer loans allow for a lower downpayment, and other credit aspects
that encourage lower income folks to purchase a place.  I see also that the HUD
has a website for finding them.  https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/html/condlook.cfm.

To decide we are creating a cost and benefit analysis.  Can you briefly tell me
what the advantages and the disadvantages have been for your cohousing if you
decided to get FHA approval?  If you decided not to get it, can you tell me if
your reasoning was sound, or if you feel now that you should have done so?
Could you also tell me if the community in which you built had requirements for
low income units?

Thank you,

Deborah Carey
boiester [at] gmail.com