Re: listserve management
From: Hans G Ehrbar (ehrbareconomics.utah.edu)
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 13:27:04 -0700 (PDT)
It is not necessary to switch away from Mailman, because this is a problem not
only for
mailman but for all mailing lists.  I think Mailman has made some changes
which deal with the problem in a tolerable way.  To take advantage of these
changes, things
are simplest if you can convince the ISP to upgrade to Mailman 2.1.18.  Then
the list administrator
has to go into the general list options page
and change the from_is_list setting to either 'Mung From' or 'Wrap Message'.
I have experience with the Mung From setting, this works well.
the Wrap Message option makes it more difficult for the recipients because
they have to click every time in order to see the messages.

If the mailman version is 2.1.16 or higher but less than 2.1.18, things are a
little more complicated
for the ISP but identical for the list admin, see
http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=17891458

Hans Ehrbar,
Wasatch Commons in SLC