Re: CommonHouse Fridge?
From: Kathy Tymoczko (kathy.tymoczkogmail.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 10:37:02 -0700 (PDT)
We have a "double" commercial fridge (Traulsen Model G20010 2-door) and
also a commercial freezer (Traulsen G12010 Solid Door Reach In Freezer) in
the Common House kitchen.  They're both now 5 years old, and provide the
amount of space we need, but we've had to have them both repaired in the
last couple of years (motors replaced on both).  Repair costs seem a bit
high to me (over $500 each time).  They tend to be noisy, but work quite
well (except when they need repair).  The noise is problematic during
meetings in the great space (adjacent to the kitchen), primarily because
the kitchen has a large window and doorway opening into the great space
with no shutters or actual door.  We don't unplug these.

We also have a smaller fridge (Silver King (SKR24) - 24" Compact Solid Door
Undercounter Refrigerator) in the "cafe" area of our Common House great
space; this fridge is used only for beverages, is also 5 years old and has
needed no repairs.  It's also pretty noisy, and we do typically unplug it
during meetings in the great space.