Re: listserve management
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 11:55:45 -0700 (PDT)
On Oct 5, 2014, at 4:26 PM, Hans G Ehrbar <ehrbar [at] economics.utah.edu>
wrote:

> It is not necessary to switch away from Mailman, because this is a problem
> not only for
> mailman but for all mailing lists.  I think Mailman has made some changes
> which deal with the problem in a tolerable way.  To take advantage of these
> changes, things
> are simplest if you can convince the ISP to upgrade to Mailman 2.1.18.

Can you run multiple mailing lists on the same server? A dumb question probably
but I've never tried this. How large a list can be run? 2-3000? 10 much smaller
lists? How hard is it to set one up.

Yahoo has become absurd with its constant changes and re-setting of defaults
and lack of support. They can't claim that you have to put up with it because
it's free because they are also increasing the number of ads.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC