Re: CommonHouse Fridge?
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 07:52:39 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all!

 Piping in here … there’s no one perfect solution.  What food do you keep in
the refrigerator?  I’ve been to communities that have PACKED refrigerators —
packed w/ leftover food mostly.  At Takoma Village, we keep very little in the
refrigerator or the freezer.  Leftover food from meals is distributed
immediately — not stored —no science projects in our refrigerator.  So a
freezer on top may make sense.  A pull out drawer bottom freezer (with racks so
you can see to the bottom) may not work because there’s no space in our
kitchen.  But it may work for you.

A side by side is an excellent for power wheelchair riders (and short folks) to
access —but it needs more room.

Freezer on the top means bending down to access the refrigerator section which
is accessed more frequently than the freezer.

I do echo the caution to look for appliances that are QUIET.    A little noise
goes a long way in our CH.

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church VA
703-688-2646

On Oct 7, 2014, at 8:20 PM, Sharon Villines <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com>
wrote:

> On Oct 7, 2014, at 6:43 PM, Jenny Guy <jenstermeister [at] gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> There will always be something on the bottom that's hard to clean, either
>> the freezer or the bottom of the fridge. I prefer to have the freezer on
>> the bottom, for easier access to the fridge, which I use more often.
>
> If there are shelves above the bottom floor, you can see through them. When
> the distance is 3 feet to the back of the freezer, and the freezer is less
> than 28 inches above the floor, it's hard to see. And it's dark. No one
> notices that there is a problem back there.

clipped