Re: Professional Grade Appliances -- Fridge thank you
From: Jenny Guy (jenstermeistergmail.com)
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 08:41:27 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 7:28 AM, Sharon Villines <sharon [at]
sharonvillines.com>
wrote:

>  If the knobs are melting the heat is too high for that cooktop to
> sustain. It's dangerous.
>
> The plastic knobs were actually a guide to its safe use. Did the manual
> say that? Of course not. Nobody tells you this stuff. You only hear it here.

​Seriously? Shouldn't they calibrate the burners so they won't create too
much heat for the stove? Or are you supposed to say, oh, the knob is
getting a little squishy, I'd better turn it down? <somewhat appalled, but
also chuckling at the thought>

Jenny
Kingfisher Cohousing on Brookdale, Oakland Calif.