Automated External Defibrillator
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 18:25:16 -0700 (PDT)
I asked the below question in 2007 and got 2 responses, not enough data to be useful. We ended up not buying one at that time. The issue has come up again and I'm hoping for more info this time.

Have other communities bought an AED (Automated External Defibrillator) for your Common House? We're currently discussing buying one; it would cost $1,500.

I'd be interested to hear of your experiences with this device and whether the decision to purchase was easy to make or controversial, or if any groups decided not to purchase an AED (after considering it) and why. Thanks!

   Muriel
   Shadowlake Village Cohousing
Blacksburg, VA