Rocky Corner (formerly Green Haven) Cohousing coming soon!
From: Rich Wilber (richwilbercomcast.net)
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 09:52:06 -0700 (PDT)
Rocky Corner, soon to be the first cohousing community in Connecticut, has
received zoning approval from the town of Bethany, and has secured funding
enabling us to close on the land purchase. We are now in the process of
finalizing designs, creating the construction documents and shopping for a
construction loan. Formerly Green Haven, we changed our name to Rocky Corner to
recognize the historical significance of the location. It was also the name of
the former dairy farm that was operated for many years on this land. We plan on
having an organic farm as an important component of our cohousing project.

Rocky Corner will have 30 homes and a large common house clustered in the
center of 33 acres, leaving the rest of the land for farming and open space.
The homes will be passive solar, energy efficient, and arranged around a
pedestrian center, with parking relegated to the outer road. We are expecting
to break ground in the spring of 2015 and are actively seeking members who wish
to be part of a multi-generational diverse community.

Please visit our website at http://www.rockycorner.org

Rich Wilber
Member of Rocky Corner