Re: Automated External Defibrillator
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 08:14:27 -0700 (PDT)
RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA, long built. We got an AED last year,
largely in response to my lobbying. Most useful was conversation with our local
fire and emergency response department. They guided us to choose a good model,
that is compatible with what the pros use, so when EMTs arrived, they could
plug their machine into our contacts already in use. And it's the same model
they use in their training (which a year later I still haven't gotten around to
scheduling.... too much to do... but it is pretty self explanatory and many
have had training elsewhere. Ours is a PhysioControl LifePack Express.

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
in Port Townsend, where the community's garden abounds in fresh spinach, plus
we still have carrots, beets, parsnips, leeks, potatoes, and now have Brussels
sprouts coming on, and there's kale, broccoli, celeriac, dill, and other
goodies. Dahlias are all but done, the sunflowers are feeding seeds to the
birds, zinnias still in bright bloom. Our small orchards have yielded apples
Melrose, Mutzu, Jonagold, Cox Pippin, and Liberty. Luscious bounty!