4. Re: Micro Living Units -- Affordable
From: Elaine Ostroff (elaineostroff.org)
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 06:32:50 -0700 (PDT)
Hello to this informative list. I've been an appreciative lurker since 2008
when our "forming group in Westport, MA" just couldn't make it.

Thanks to Sharon for the link to the Politico article (and MANY other comments)
along with her reminder about the growing phenomenon of "single people."
 I'm very interested in the potential of affordable, and some accessible,
rental micro living units in a co-housing model. This would be an urban model,
with access to public transportation.

Is anyone out there thinking about this? Micro may not be the best descriptive
term, but it opens up a way of thinking. And, as in the general co-housing
model, individual units can be smaller given the availability of common space.
Affordable is another term that has specific definitions depending on the
context/funding sources.

I'd like to facilitate, collaborate to organize a webinar that describes these
various models; anyone with examples/suggestions please be in touch.

Elaine Ostroff
Westport, MA
Founding Director, Institute for Human Centered Design (retired)
Boston, MA