Re: Yahoo groups? How are they doing?
From: Jasen Robillard (jasenconnexuscohousing.com)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 07:01:28 -0700 (PDT)
My experience with Yahoo groups is similar to Jerry's. Yahoo is under
constant but very slow redevelopment and many of its "features" don't work
smoothly. With past groups, we had issues with folder creation, file
access, database editing. The most problematic issue for many groups is
file size and storage limitations. Whenever we hit our storage limits, we
had to archive a bunch of files and move them off Yahoo (we chose Dropbox).

At the moment, I'm recommending Wiggio as the best alternative. The Prairie
Spruce Cohousing group in Regina (Saskatchewan, Canada) has been using it
for the last year or so. Much larger file size limits, no storage limits,
active troubleshooting and support, much better folder and file system, and
a bunch of features that might be of use to cohousing groups. The only
caveat is that I still recommend Google Docs as the means of creating and
sharing collaborative work documents. The links to Google Docs can be
shared on Wiggio and don't require a Google account, and in my experience
these work better than the Zoho Documents that are available directly via
Wiggio.

*Jasen Robillard*
*Connexus Cohousing Collaborative, Principal*

Project Management and Group Development Facilitation

c: 403.554.8681

e: *jasen [at] connexuscohousing.com <jasen [at] connexuscohousing.com>*