Parking Requirements at Takoma Village in 1998-1999
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 08:28:53 -0700 (PDT)
Because of the access to the metro, we had to have something like .83 or .75
parking places per unit so fewer than one for 43.  However, the neighborhood
requested we have 1 per household to reduce parking on the street.  Also at the
time there was a LOT of car vandalism so the neighbors wanted to reduce the
amount of vandalism by having cars in a secured lot.  Hence the fence and the
gate.  Originally, no fence … no gate.

There was also an outcry on the part of potential owner that we have one space
per unit because of resale value. At that time it increased the value of the
unit significantly to have off street parking.

There was also the issue of members in the army and on medical staff who worked
odd hours and needed to return at midnight or 4 am and wanted an assigned space
and safe return.

As I said before, one space per unit has worked well. People have gotten rid of
second cars as they died or were given away. We now have 4 extra spaces as
people didn't get new cars, or never had them. These are now rented or reserved
on our calendar for guests or workers.

We are totally challenged on bike storage, however.

(We have an open house on Sunday for two units. See our website--link in the
signature line.)

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines