Re: Alternative financing
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 09:00:46 -0700 (PDT)
Hi John —

Someone from Eastern Village Cohousing in Silver Spring, MD is on this list.
They are one example of contracting out work.  They may not have more renters
than owners (a very bad condition for financing sales and resales of condos)
but they do sub out more of the work of the community than we do here.  For
instance, they have a cleaning contract for cleaning the CH.  We do that
ourselves.

However, for major work such as tree trimming, electrical, major plumbing, some
management needs — we do have a management company or we hire out. For example,
we are having our exterior walls power washed in preparation for painting.
We’re not doing the power washing ourselves.  Nor are we doing the painting.
Members have full time jobs and lives.  Striking the balance between what we
can do ourselves and what needs to be done by others is an art form.

BTW — what community are you with John?

Everyone … a gentle reminder to include your community’s name and location in
your emails.  I love seeing where cohousing in popping up all over the country
and the world.

Thank  you!

Best --

Ann Zabaldo