Re: Management Software?
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 14:29:37 -0800 (PST)
The referenced site is interesting because it’s web-based, and its home page
nicely itemizes the various tasks and challenges that confront the management
of residential property.  But is it right for cohousing?  Most of us cohousing
communities are 20 to 40 units max, and we just don’t have that many cars,
packages, or “violations”.  Further, this looks like a program / service made
for a third party professional manager who, apart from his/her contract or
employment, has almost no real knowledge of the facility or its residents.  At
Cornerstone, we get the job done (more or less) with Quickbooks and Excel
spreadsheets maintained on a central server.  Plus, most of us have an
excellent view of that which we’re trying to manage just by sitting in our home
offices and looking out the window.  If we wanted to get fancy, we could gin up
something in Filemaker, but for the few number of balls we have to juggle, it
doesn’t seem worth the bother.

RPD