4 BR coho house for sale in Belfast, Maine
From: Nessa Dertnig (nessamainecohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 11:51:38 -0800 (PST)
Hello fellow coho-L folks,
We are moving out of the region and our 4 bedroom 1750 sq. ft. duplex + 1-car
garage in Belfast Cohousing & Ecovillage is for sale!
Newly built Belfast Cohousing & Ecovillage has 36 clustered units on 42 acres,
an on-site CSA vegetable farm, various flocks of chickens, and many family
garden plots.  One third of our households are families with young kids (14
kids ranging in age from 5 months to 14 years).  It is located two miles
outside the lively and vibrant Midcoast Maine town of Belfast - 25 minutes from
Camden, an hour from Augusta and Bangor, 1.5 hours from Acadia National Park,
two hours from Portland, and four hours from Boston.  Our passivhaus standard
solar houses are super insulated and built by the nationally acclaimed
design/build firm GO Logic.
A few features of this beautifully customized and highly adaptable home:- One
bedroom downstairs, three bedrooms upstairs- downstairs bathroom has a
barrier-free shower
- one-car garage with storage space above is just off the backyard
- exclusively zero- and low-VOC finishes throughout the house- custom
maple/soapstone kitchen- tiled bathrooms- currently we are using it as a single
family house, but two entrances and a lower level bed/bath make it possible to
easily adapt it to a two living-space arrangement (for ageing parents, renters,
visitors, in-home business, etc.).
Check out 51VillageRoad.com for much more info (and pictures!) on the house,
and  mainecohousing.org for more info about our neighborhood.  For more
detailed questions, don't hestitate to get in touch with me at 207-505-2666 or
nessa [at] mainecohousing.org.
Take good care,Nessa