Photos of Community Interiors
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 07:36:05 -0800 (PST)
I was recently at Cornerstone which has a lovely guest room. It was light and
airy and very conveniently furnished. I took pictures to bring back to our
guest room pod. Our strategy has been pretty much Salvation Army and donations.

Our rooms don't have sun and donations have been of very dark wood. Not a happy
sight. We are now refurbing and the ideas from Cornerstone were very helpful in
convincing the Pod that we could do better. (It also helped to have evidence
that others _were_ doing better.)

BUT the point of this is that it would be nice to have an archive of pictures
on the Cohousing.org site of:

Guest rooms
Laundry rooms
Kids rooms
Workshops
Dining Rooms
Kitchens
Etc.

It would a fabulous way to do research. Many communities are now old enough to
begin redesigning spaces. We are planning to redesign our kitchen in the next
5-10 years. This kind of resource would be so helpful.

I am not offering to build the archive but would contribute photos from Takoma
Village if we had such an archive.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines