Re: Guest room fees
From: Marty Roberts (martyrsonic.net)
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 19:46:25 -0800 (PST)
Hi folks,
I'd really love to hear what people charge for use of the guest room.  We
really don;t need ideas for remodeling our common house.  We no longer have a
kids room - we do have a guest room in the Common House - there will never be a
shower, but it is a nice place to spend the night.  We are curious if and what
people charge for a guest to stay overnight - if anything.

Thanks,
Marty

On Dec 15, 2014, at 3:16 AM, cohousing-l-request [at] cohousing.org wrote:

> On Dec 14, 2014, at 2:00 PM, Marty Roberts <martyr [at] sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> We converted our kids play room (they're now teens) into a guest room.  The
>> discussion came up at our recent meeting about whether to charge for its
>> use.  what kind of rules and fees do you have for your guest room(s)?  Ours
>> has no shower?and only a fold out sofa bed.
>
> This sounds pretty primitive. I have two thoughts:
>
> 1. You could charge a fee to fund an improvement of the facilities -- adding
> a shower. That may require a larger space.
>
> 2. Giving up the playroom because all your kids are teens may be
> short-circuiting future purchases. Playrooms attract young parents or would
> be parents.
>
> 2-3 years ago, the playroom designed for kids under 6 or so, was not being
> used. All except 2 who didn't use the playroom were 10 and above. There was a
> move to change the room for older children. This year we have six children 2
> and under. Three are new babies who will be using the room for years.
>
> Most people with children under 4 or so use the room very heavily because
> there are different toys there than at home, more room to play, and parents
> or caregivers can sit and read or visit with each other. Children also play
> there during meetings.
>
> So you might think in terms of charging so you can save money for a redesign
> of the CH so you can have both a playroom and a guest room.
>
> Sharon

Marty Roberts Productions
Web, video, and event production
Social media marketing
Project design and management
707.829.9191

www.martyrobertsproductions.com
www.facebook.com/MartyRobertsProductions
www.linkedin.com/in/martyrobertsproductions
facebook.com/CittaslowSebastopol

‎"Enjoy the little things in life, because one day you will look back, and
realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault