Re: Guest room fees
From: Eris Weaver (eriserisweaver.info)
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 15:12:27 -0800 (PST)
> Question - Do you have any other source of revenue for your community
other than
> your HoA dues?  How much are your HoA dues per month?

Our monthly dues range from about $250 to $350 depending upon the size of
the unit and whether you have a carport.

We have an additional source of revenue - one of our buildings is mixed-use,
with commercial on the ground floor and eight residential units above. We
have a separate legal entity, Cotati Gateway LLC, wholly owned by the HOA,
which owns the commercial enterprise. Cotati Gateway contributes a chunk of
its profits to the HOA...which is taxed.

Having this revenue stream allows us to do more stuff with lower HOA dues!
It's not ALL rainbows and unicorns, though...there is some financial risk.
We have had empty units since the recession although that is looking up. And
mixing some kinds of commercial enterprises (pizza parlor, bakery, beauty
parlor = smells; healing center = noise (drumming & chanting)) with
residents in the same building has its challenges.

Eris Weaver, Graphic Facilitator & Group Process Consultant
eris [at] erisweaver.info . 707-338-8589 . http://www.erisweaver.info

"There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate,
bacon or glitter."