Re: guest room fees
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 17:02:35 -0800 (PST)
On Dec 18, 2014, at 7:43 PM, Susan Coberly <susandgeorge [at] gmail.com> wrote:

> The sponsoring host family is in charge of paying the fee, not the guest -
> how they work that out between them is at their discretion. The host family
> is to clean the suite thoroughly, linens, changing linens, floors, bath
> fixtures, prior to 3 pm the next day. We have had some issues with people
> waiting until they get home from work the next day to clean, which means we
> can't "let" the room that next day starting at the 3 pm check in time... so
> we may have to address this. We also have had some folks who didn't clean
> well at all.
>

> Susan Coberly @ La Querencia (Fresno CA)

At Takoma Village the norm is GUESTS clean the rooms.  We have a check list for
them.  However, if it’s not cleaned … the host is responsible.  Some members do
clean for their relatives and close friends.  We’ve had an occasional “burp” in
room cleaning but not too badly.

Actually, I think having guests clean is a very good thing.  Labor is not free.
 It helps guests experience what it’s like to live in cohousing.  We share the
work.

I’m a power wheel chair rider.  I don’t clean my own house.  If my guests don’t
clean properly … they don’t come back.

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing