Re: Guest room fees
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 18:34:38 -0800 (PST)
> On Dec 18, 2014, at 7:39 PM, Ann Zabaldo <zabaldo [at] earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>> Our monthly dues range from about $250 to $350 depending upon the size of
>>> the unit and whether you have a carport.
>
>> Your HoA dues are comparable to ours.  But, unlike Frog Song, most cohousing
>> communities don’t have any other outside source of revenue besides HoA dues
>> w/ the exception of very minor contribution.

On Dec 18, 2014, at 8:47 PM, Sharon Villines <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com>
wrote:

> Ann, our fees are much higher than these. I pay ~ $374 for a two bedroom so
> the three and fours are paying significantly more. Even the one bedrooms
> wouldn't be as little as $250. And they went up this year by ~8% I think,

> Sharon
> ----
> Sharon Villines
> Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
> http://www.takomavillage.org

Sharon — you are correct.  Our dues ARE higher.

Another great reason to find other income streams.

Speaking of which …

I’m awaiting word … but if chosen (Pick me! Pick me Pick me!)  … ya’ll come to
my presentation at the upcoming national coho conference in Durham, NC end of
May 2015 (SHAMELESS marketing for the conference).   You will hear how one
4-person team of people working on the resale process at TVC managed in 2014 to
generate $19,000 donations to the community, saved three home sellers $40,000+,
 attracted really cool future neighbors and …  most importantly … helped
revitalize our workshare program.

No kidding!

Best --

Ann Zabaldo