Re: guest room fees
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 08:58:43 -0800 (PST)
Well, John, I brought it up tangentially in a previous email.

The hotel and hospitality regulations for Air BnB are wondrous to behold in DC.
 That’s why I  “discarded” it.  I can’t imagine taking on that burden.  But
then, if  you don’t have anything else to do, it’s certainly a good project
with which to occupy one’s time.  At the presentation I went to in DC on
starting ABB in your home … one retired gentleman grossed $10k per year.  BUT
he was right on The Hill had a separate bed and bath already in his home, had
nothing else to do w/ his time, enjoyed having a different person in his house
every night and didn’t need the money. He was just having fun and didn’t count
his labor.  Another presenter couldn’t make money if she included her labor.
So … go figure.

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing