Re: A Glimps of Cohousing in 2060
From: Tom Smyth (tomsassafras.coop)
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 05:24:23 -0800 (PST)
I sure hope and believe consensus decision making is not a fad. I think a
key part of our evolution as a species is to stop being so oppressive
toward everyone who isn't exactly like us. This is exactly what consensus
decision making is for, and it seems far more natural than its
alternatives. In the grand scheme of things I hope majority rule is the
passing fad.

The demographic profile is something that does need to change, at least
around here. Cohousing in Michigan seems to be extremely white. I honestly
am not really sure why this is. I have a few theories. Anybody have any
insight? What can we do to make it more diverse? Has this topic come up on
this list before?