Re: A Glimps of Cohousing in 2060
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 05:44:03 -0800 (PST)
This is an interesting theoretical twist.  I would have guessed that consensus
decision-making is about seeking and emphasizing the commonalities that unite
us, rather than celebrating the divergences and idiosyncrasies that distinguish
us.  (And make us interesting?)  The pursuit of unanimity (solidarity?) is not
an obvious route to the end of (intellectual) oppression.

Said another way … I agree that toleration of diversity and the end of
oppression are much to be desired.  But I’m not convinced that consensus
decision-making is the key to this challenge.

RPD