Re: Reluctant Cohousers
From: Jerry McIntire (jerry.mcintiregmail.com)
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 09:08:29 -0800 (PST)
Maggie,
I would say that the last two are the only ones that are not deal breakers.
I think co housing is a social and cooperative choice first and foremost.
Look for people who want to make decisions together.
Co housing is more affordable only if you take advantage of the common
house and build a smaller house.
Renting nearby is a good choice if you must move before construction.
We have encountered the same challenges. I'll continue to talk with people
who have the last two objections, but not the others.

Jerry