Re: A Glimps of Cohousing in 2060
From: Matt Lawrence (matttechnoronin.com)
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 09:25:20 -0800 (PST)
Personally, I don't expect there will be much in the way of Cohousing in 2060. In my studies I've seen the pattern of generations of increasing tolerance followed by a very abrupt shift to intolerance and hatred. I see this shift happening all over Western Society right now and it's going to get a lot worse before it get better. I've even left my "liberal" church over their increasing self-righteous narrow-mindenedness.

There have been a number of forces working against community for quite a while and now there are even more. The tragic thing is that many of the people involved don't even understand that they are activily destroying community by their actions.

Humanity hasn't changed a lot over the centuries, studying what we have done in the past is a pretty good way to get an understanding of where we are going in the future. As individuals we can't stop it, but maybe we can soften the blow for ourselves and those around us.

-- Matt
It's not what I know that counts.