Re: A Glimps of Cohousing in 2060
From: Ken Winter (kensunward.org)
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 10:40:40 -0800 (PST)
Check out Tim Hartnett's book "Consensus-Oriented Decision Making".  He
makes the important distinction between the decision *process* (his version
of which is intended to maximize the level of agreement that a group will
reach) and the decision *rule* (the way a decision is finally reached,
which can be any number of ways, ranging from a single decider to unanimity
with various voting schemes in between).  Tim's distinction helps us ask
this question:  Which decision rule actually maximizes consensus?

~ Ken, from Sunward Cohousing