Re: How Objections Speed Up Decision-Making
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 11:25:58 -0800 (PST)
On Dec 24, 2014, at 2:00 PM, Sharon Villines <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com>
wrote:

> Prequel:  In order to write an effective proposal,
>
> 1. Discuss or request input on the problem or opportunity involving everyone
> who will be affected by a proposed decision.

Sorry #1 should have been in the Prequel. I think this makes proposals better
and does shorten the discussion if it helps make the statement of the problem
clearer. But it isn't necessary when the problem is already clear. Sometimes
calling this #1 means people think it is always necessary to have a formal
discussion in a meeting before writing a proposal.

Sharon.