any units in cohousing accept sec 8 vouchers?
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 05:07:12 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 24 Dec 2014, judycaz wrote (off list) :

> I was wondering if these areas took section 8 hud for one person me?

Hello Judy,

I guess you are asking if any units in cohousing accept sec 8 vouchers.

I do not know but...

I searched the archives of the Cohousing-L mailing list and found 23
hits for "section 8" (with quotes).  The difficulty and desireability
of having Section 8 rental units in cohousing is discussed but I did
not find any mention of there actually being any anywhere.

I will ask by posting this reply on the cohousing-L mailing list:
Does anyone know of units in cohousing accept sec 8 vouchers?

I can speculate that there are few if any Section 8 Units.

A few related factors:

Each cohousing community is independent and owned and managed by the people
who live there.  Thus details like this could vary from community to community.

In general in the US cohousing communities have few rental units - most
communities in the US are organized as owner occupied condo communities.

Fred