Re: any units in cohousing accept sec 8 vouchers?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 07:58:13 -0800 (PST)
On Dec 25, 2014, at 8:07 AM, Fred H Olson <fholson [at] cohousing.org> wrote:

> I searched the archives of the Cohousing-L mailing list and found 23
> hits for "section 8" (with quotes).  The difficulty and desireability
> of having Section 8 rental units in cohousing is discussed but I did
> not find any mention of there actually being any anywhere.

I think this is another area where we need the national organization to take
the lead in getting approvals for cohousing that help make section 8 housing
available. Like Rains did in coming to Washington to meet with the HUD people
to straighten out the FHA stuff.

This way the whole of cohousing can refer to those agreements instead of each
community having to do all the work of getting approvals. Each community would
probably have to demonstrate acceptability but that's less work than starting
from scratch.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines