Re: House Concerts
From: Douglas G. Larson (ddhleearthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 04:48:23 -0800 (PST)

Douglas G. Larson

It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera; they are made with
the eye, heart and head. - Henri Cartier-Bresson

> Does your cohousing community host house concerts? If so, are you
interested in
> forming a network of coho house concerts?

We here at Songaia Cohousing hold an annual event in February or March that
we call the "Talent Optional Show". It's just what the title implies, you
don't need any talent to perform. And while the majority of the participants
do perform some type of music it isn't limited to that.

We have had singers, pianists, violinists, vocal groups, dancers, story
tellers, groups performing skits, joke tellers, and poetry readers.

It is hugely fun and hugely popular here at Songaia. All ages of members
participate as well.

So while we have had guests at these events on occasion, these concerts are
mostly for us, the residents.

So what were you thinking of when you suggest forming a network of Coho
house concerts? What would be the goal or possible benefit?

Douglas Larson,
Songaia Cohousing,
Bothell, Washington