Re: any units in cohousing accept sec 8 vouchers?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 07:27:37 -0800 (PST)
On Dec 27, 2014, at 7:59 AM, Fred-List manager <fholson [at] cohousing.org>
wrote:

> The next window for applying for Section 8 in California is , I believe,
> June of 2016.    Be aware it is a long process from sign up to having one's
> name drawn.

I don't think every state has the same process. Is Section 8 a federal or state
administered program?

Once the unit is approved, is it always approved? Can another person who
qualifies for Section 8 rent that unit under that program?

I know the person has to qualify, but now does the qualification apply to the
specific unit or with the Association?

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines