Re: any units in cohousing accept sec 8 vouchers?
From: Jessie Kome (jehakomac.com)
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 10:19:01 -0800 (PST)
Hi-

Section 8 is a federal program administered by state and local housing
authorities (mostly). HUD oversees the program. The budget has not been growing
to meet new demand. Most section 8 assistance is offered as portable vouchers
that participating households can take to any landlord willing to rent to them.
Some section 8 assistance is project-based, which means tied to a building or
specific unit.

-Jessie Handforth Kome
Eastern Village Cohousing
Silver Spring, Maryland