Re: House concerts
From: Richart Keller (richart.kellergmail.com)
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 14:00:37 -0800 (PST)
We have monthly "First Friday" house concerts here in the Great Room at the
Common House at Pioneer Valley Cohousing with some well-known folks (e.g.
Claudia Schmidt, a regular, will be here next Friday).

A longtime associate member handles the bookings and residents pitch in to
help with the arrangements.  We've also hosted occasional concerts at other
times (last year we were lucky to have a wonderful concert by Peggy Seeger.)

Attendance is usually quite high (we can accommodate up to about 100), the
performers seem to enjoy the sense of community--many have become
regulars--and we enjoy the experience. It is also an opportunity to connect
and share our facilities with others from the area.

Two key things are
1) to have an experienced and enthusiastic person to handle the bookings
and be the point person and
2) to have a core group of residents willing to help with logistics and
munchies.

Rick Keller