Re: House Concerts
From: Holly Wilder (hollywilder23gmail.com)
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 09:04:50 -0800 (PST)
We have a house concert series here at Nyland in CO and I've been one of the
organizers for several years now.  We do about one per month on average.  Our
Common House policy is that anyone booking an event signs a "hold harmless"
agreement, so we have one on file that covers (we hope!) liability issues.  The
performers get the door money, which is $10-15 sliding scale donation, so it
doesn't need to go through our bookkeeper.  We have lights, but don't provide a
sound system - the artists bring their own.  You can check out our website at
www.nylandmusic.com for some basic info and a list of some of our past shows.

We usually have a few Nylanders and a few guests at each show, but attendance
isn't great overall, so if anyone has suggestions about how to increase that,
I'm open to ideas.

Musically,
Holly

Holly Wilder