Re: House Concerts
From: Eris Weaver (eriserisweaver.info)
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 12:10:04 -0800 (PST)
Liz wrote:
> Ken and I totally do this because it is cool to get to have dinner with
> musicians and give them a tour of our community.
> So we want more people meaning "enough to make musicians want to play here".
> I'll admit sometimes we are amazed
> that more people don't come, because really, you'd miss hearing Penny
> Nichols? In an audience of 10 when you really get to connect?
> But of course that's cause we know her!!

I think Liz hit the nail on the head with the last sentence. It's so easy, when
*I* totally love something, to think *everyone* ought to love it too! How could
they not?!?
Whether it's a type of music or a specific band, a sport, a type of food,
vacation destination, political viewpoint, even cohousing...we don't all like
the same things!
Marketing - whether we're marketing our house concerts, our community, our
businesses - is about (1) finding the other people who already like/love/need
this sort of thing and/or (2) convincing folks who *might* like/love/need it
that it is worth their time & money to come try it.

Eris Weaver, Graphic Facilitator & Group Process Consultant
eris [at] erisweaver.info • 707-338-8589 • http://www.erisweaver.info