Re: House Concerts
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 13:58:01 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 4:13 PM, Sharon Villines <sharon [at]
sharonvillines.com>
wrote:

> .... not everyone enjoys the concert setting. Particularly the small
> concert where you can't leave if you get bored or tired of sitting. If you
> don't look bright and interested, it shows.

At our house concerts you can sit up close (yes, you should look
appreciative here) or way back in a comfy-seating alcove where you can
totally tune them out if you don't enjoy the current number, or you can
stand around the snacks table a bit out of sight and not be noticed at all.
And people can and do leave if their time is up :) So that's not it. I've
ended up enjoying nearly every one I've gone to even when I didn't expect
to, but you do have to take the chance that any one concert might be a dud
for you and not everyone is willing to do that.

Happy New Year to everyone in coho-land! May your 2015 be a good year.
       Muriel at Shadowlake Village Cohousing, Blacksburg, VA
      where there'll be both an early (for the litte kids) and a late
bonfire, with NYE partying in between and after.