Re: A Glimps of Cohousing in 2060
From: Patricia Lautner (lautnerpjpcohousing.org)
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 15:57:34 -0800 (PST)
I really believe it's possible to avoid the 'blocker' scenario so long as
your community has a strict practice that a block must only happen to
protect a commonly held value.  In our community, this is understood so
well that blocking almost never comes up.  And when it does, the blocker is
gently reminded and urged to explain to the community what common value
they are protecting.  Usually at that point the blocker will say that they
probably can't block but they feel strongly or something like that.  (What
happens next is entirely dependent on the skill of the facilitator

Patti Lautner
JPCohousing - Boston
www.communitasdevelopment.com