Re: participation in decision making
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 18:13:46 -0800 (PST)
On Jan 6, 2015, at 8:30 PM, Liz Ryan Cole <lizryancole [at] me.com> wrote:

> Many cohousers though want to be part of
> the planning and decision-making. That basic participation is one of the
> six key characteristics of a cohousing community.
>
> I am wondering how existing communities deal with bringing in new people who
> can't possibly participate in decision making design of an already built
> community.  Isn't the important participation in the life of the community?

The design of the community facilities goes on and on and on. Trust me.

Needs change. Things fall apart. A building is never done.

Never worry about not enough decisions to be made.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
"Behavior is determined by the prevailing form of decision making." Gerard
Endenburg